Taylor, MI >> Dan Kane’s two-run double in the first inning and solo homer in the sixth led the KAU Little League junior stars from Kennett Square, Pennsylvania to a 5-2 win over Rutherford County, North Carolina. The Wednesday night win left the USA East champions as the only undefeated team (2-0) in the USA Pool and propelled them to the USA championship game at 6 p.m. Saturday in the Junior League Baseball World Series in Taylor, Michigan. The loss was the first for the USA Southeast champs from North Carolina (1-1). To get to the USA title game for a rematch with Pennsylvania, Rutherford County must defeat the USA West champions from Encinitas, California (2-1) at 7 o’clock tonight. Pennsylvania had just four hits off North Carolina pitchers. Ben Hodge hurled four innings of perfect baseball until Kane’s home run. Kennett Square pitchers Scott Hansen and Louis Sharp combined on a five-hitter and five strikeouts. Rutherford lead-off man Kael Snethen was 2-for-4.
- Longwood Gardens submits plans for $200 million expansion and renovation
- Kennett sets tentative school reopening plan
- Unionville-Chadds Ford School District presents plans for reopening in the fall
- Kennett Square unites to create artisan parklet for West State Street businesses at 'zero-cost' to merchants, borough
- Kennett Square garners Best of Philly 2020 honors
- LETTER: Indian mascot should live on in Unionville
- Storytelling often shapes the future
- Updated: A map of COVID-19 cases in Pennsylvania
- 48 breweries taking part in new Kennett Brewfest
- Unionville High mascot on chopping block; school directors set vote on issue
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.