Taylor, MI >> Dan Kane’s two-run double in the first inning and solo homer in the sixth led the KAU Little League junior stars from Kennett Square, Pennsylvania to a 5-2 win over Rutherford County, North Carolina. The Wednesday night win left the USA East champions as the only undefeated team (2-0) in the USA Pool and propelled them to the USA championship game at 6 p.m. Saturday in the Junior League Baseball World Series in Taylor, Michigan. The loss was the first for the USA Southeast champs from North Carolina (1-1). To get to the USA title game for a rematch with Pennsylvania, Rutherford County must defeat the USA West champions from Encinitas, California (2-1) at 7 o’clock tonight. Pennsylvania had just four hits off North Carolina pitchers. Ben Hodge hurled four innings of perfect baseball until Kane’s home run. Kennett Square pitchers Scott Hansen and Louis Sharp combined on a five-hitter and five strikeouts. Rutherford lead-off man Kael Snethen was 2-for-4.
- Business leaders anxious to get economic engine running again in Chester County
- Kennett Square adopts resolution welcoming refugees
- Avon Grove Charter School recognized as a Project Lead the Way school
- Camp and childcare at YMCA of Greater Brandywine reopens June 8
- United Way of Southern Chester County steps up to provide relief for local residents hit hard by pandemic
- Kennett officials launch fund to financially assist small businesses
- Updated: A map of COVID-19 cases in Pennsylvania
- Dozens rally locally, urging Gov. Wolf to reopen county
- How to best serve mankind
- Living in a Zoom meeting world
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.