The students at Assumption BVM School in London Grove Township marked Catholic Schools Week with various activities. On Friday they had an assembly presented by the American Legion Post 491 of Kennett Square featuring a flag ceremony presented by veterans and a talk about the history and meaning of the flag by Commander Mike Carroll. The students also displayed an oversized check for $450 they had collected for the ComPadres - an army chaplain support group that ministers to Catholic troops overseas.
- School officials told discouraging data paints grim picture for return to in-person education
- Are Kennett kids really learning during the pandemic?
- Six who helped in West Marlborough water rescue earn citations
- Leon Spencer elected chairman of board at Franklin Mint
- 182 cats seized in Brandywine Valley SPCA's largest hoarding investigation
- After 300 years, Kennett's Heritage finds a home
- These old-school Kennett docs have cutting-edge approach to health care
- Carlisle bans the use of fireworks on borough property
- PennDOT resumes issuance of REAL ID; federal enforcement delayed to Oct. 2021
- Live fall virtual program coming to After The Bell in Kennett