Top 10 Things I'm Thankful for during the holiday season in OxfordDuring this 2008 Holiday Season there is a lot to be worried about with the state of our nation's economy, but I would like to mention 10 things I'm thankful for during our holiday season here in Oxford, Pa. I hope you and your families all have a safe and happy holiday season.
1. The people who work hard and care passionately about making Oxford a better place to live.
2. The wonderful articles of the Tribune's Michelle Sensenig.
3. For food, warmth, clothing, shelter, family and friends.
4. The Wawa turkey gobbler bowls and coffee which keep a bachelor going strong.
5. The lights at Herr's in Nottingham. Thank you.
6. My mom's love and attention to her sons.
7. The young people in the Oxford community. Specifically the Oxford Youth Advisory Council and co-advisors Ashley Whiteman and Rachel Walsh.
8. The Christmas Eve Service at Oxford Presbyterian Church at 9:30 p.m.
9. That I'm not as busy as Santa and his elves at the North Pole.
10. Being stuck under the mistletoe with actress Keira Knightley. (Wait a minutethat was a dream.)
Andrew Atkinson Oxford Borough Council