Finance managers Becky Friel, of Country Dodge, and Lisa Halsey, of Jeff D'Ambrosio Chrysler, both located in Oxford, recently visited the Financial Fitness classes taught by Kim Webber at Oxford Area High School, speaking with the students about buying vs. leasing a vehicle, establishing credit and maintaining a good credit score. Offered for the first time this school year, the course provides students with an opportunity to investigate a wide range of financial concepts, focusing on developing the tools and skills needed to effectively manage personal finances. Topics that are covered include understanding payroll deductions and taxes, budgeting, savings and spending plans, and protecting against credit and identity theft. The class has also heard presentations by representatives of National Penn Bank and Horace Mann Insurance. Pictured from left are Ms. Webber, senior Taylor England, Ms. Friel, Ms. Halsey and senior Sabreena Byrd.
- Avon Grove Charter School ranked among best in nation
- Master plan for 137-acre public park in New Garden nears completion
- 53-unit mixed-use townhouse development coming to Kennett
- Yardley Borough Council amends public gathering and procession ordinance
- Weekly community meetings respond to needs in Kennett community
- Mark Ruffalo calls Donald Trump a 'liar' following Presidential debate
- Mighty Writers get $75,000 grant from Longwood Foundation
- Seven scouts honored for earning Eagle rank
- Senate GOP halts fixes for Pa.’s troubled rent relief program, surprising even their own
- Grant paves way for open space, walking trails at old Embreeville site
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.