As a result of the 'Help Us End Hunger' food drive in late fall of 2011, Genuardi's and the Safeway Foundation presented bonus checks of $2,800 each to nine local food banks and food pantries. Kraft Foods, Safeway's national vendor partner in the food drive, generously donated additional funds to award to the Top 100 food bank recipients during the December food drive. Kennett Area Community Service was one of the recipients. Other area recipients were:
· Lord's Pantry of Downingtown, Downingtown
· Royersford Project Outreach, Royersford
· Manna on Main Street. Lansdale
· Chelten Baptist Church Food Pantry, Dresher
· St. Vincent dePaul Society, Hatboro
· New Britain Baptist Church Food Larder, New Britain
· Salvation Army of Lower Bucks County, Levittown
· Philabundance, Philadelphia
Maryanne Crager, Public Affairs Manager for Genuardi's, commented, 'Fighting hunger is a year-round project and isn't relegated to just the holiday season. We're pleased to partner with Kraft Foods to make these additional funds available to the food banks and food pantries so they can continue to help those struggling to put food on their tables.'
For more than 85 years, Genuardi's has been serving Delaware Valley consumers. Nearly 3,000 team members operate 24 stores throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, carrying on the company traditions of freshness, quality, great value and legendary customer service. Genuardi's has been a division of Safeway Inc. since February 2001.